Man/Woman of the Year
The Man or Woman of the Year Awards are given to individuals who volunteer their time and talent to make the Bastrop community an outstanding place to live.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Contributed significant time, energy and spirit in fields outside his or her professional life, without regard to personal gain.
- A person whose civic and community service goes beyond "normal" responsibilities, creating a lasting and beneficial impact for all residents.
- Actively participated in service, community, church or other organizations.
- Any job-related task or duty for which a nominees are paid a salary will not be considered.
- All nominees must be living, reside or have a business in the Greater Bastrop Area and possess excellent personal character.
- Previous recipients are not eligible.
- Provide all information fully and completely. Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
- Please call the Chamber office at (512) 303-0558 to discover deadline for that years nominations. Nominations submitted after this time will be kept on file for future consideration.
- Nominations that are not chosen for the current year will be kept on file for consideration in following years.
- The Nomination Committee is made up of past Chairpersons of the Board and will meet to determine the award winners. Members of the Board of Directors and Nominations Committee are not eligible.
- Winners will be featured on the Bastrop Chamber of Commerce website for a full year following presentation.