Point of Light
Point of Light Awards are given to honor an individual whose impact through the years will be recognized and regarded with pride throughout the area as a role model. These outstanding citizens are chosen for representing the qualities each of us admire and respect among our friends, neighbors and associates. Up to 5 Points of Light will be selected by a committee appointed by the Bastrop Chamber of Commerce.
What is the Point of Light Award?
It is given for helping others achieve through continuing commitment to the community.
It's for the one who says, "Bastrop is my home - and my life - and its future and mine are the same - and whatever I can do to make them better, I will do."
Nominees must demonstrate excellence in one or more of the following areas:
- Have effectively promoted and fostered goodwill in and about the greater Bastrop area.
- Actively contributed to the betterment of the Bastrop community.
- Demonstrated a strong commitment to the community through contributions of time, energy without regard to personal gain.
- All nominees must be living, reside or have a business in the greater Bastrop Area and possess excellent personal character.
- Previous recipients are not eligible.
- Provide all information fully and completely. Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
- Please call the Chamber office at (512) 303-0558 to discover deadline for that years nominations. Nominations submitted after this time will be kept on file for future consideration.
- Nominations that are not chosen for the current year will be kept on file for consideration in following years.
- The Nomination Committee is made up of past Chairpersons of the Board and will meet to determine the award winners. Members of the Board of Directors and Nominations Committee are not eligible.
[Point of Light Form]